Open faculty positions
CEC is seeking outstanding applicants for a variety of faculty positions. Preference will be given to applicants who can contribute to the college’s and department’s areas of excellence in research and teaching. Competitive salary commensurate with the rank and qualifications of the candidates will be offered.
We welcome passionate faculty who want to join CEC in building industries and creating jobs through intelligent manufacturing, enhancing the nation’s infrastructure, promoting sustainability in the 21st century, developing intelligent systems that change the future of everyday life, and many other endeavors. There are 9 departments in CEC that collectively offer 17 undergraduate programs, 18 undergraduate minors, 19 master’s degree programs, and 19 Ph.D. programs. The CEC currently has 220 faculty members, approximately 6000 undergraduate and 1800 graduate students, and had research expenditures of approximately $25M in the past fiscal year.
The following positions are currently open and accepting applications:
- Environmental Engineering, open rank tenure-track/tenured, reference number 00068198
- Computer Science, open rank tenure-track/tenured, reference number 00072897
- Computer Science, open rank tenure-track/tenured, reference number 00072898
- Computer Engineering, open rank tenure-track/tenured, reference number 00029317
- Electrical Engineering, open rank tenure-track/tenured, reference number 00072964
- Electrical Engineering, open rank NTT research professor, reference number 00072993
- Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering, open rank tenure-track/tenured, reference number 00072548
- Mining and Nuclear Engineering, open rank tenure-track/tenured, reference number 00031043
- Mining and Nuclear Engineering, NTT teaching faculty, reference number 00072899
- Mining and Nuclear Engineering, NTT open rank teaching professor, reference number 00072965
Further details on required and desired attributes, skills and characteristics of the successful candidate, and the corresponding department's vision and strategic plan, activities, and research may be found in the specific postings at: https://hr.mst.edu/careers/academic/.
Missouri S&T’s College of Engineering and Computing with its 9 departments, the campus, and the greater University of Missouri System are deeply committed to inclusion and valuing diversity. S&T has undertaken a number of initiatives to improve campus life and the work life balance of its faculty and staff, see: https://hr.mst.edu. Missouri S&T seeks to meet the needs of dual-career couples.
Interested candidates should electronically submit their application to Missouri S&T’s Human Resources Office at: https://hr.mst.edu/careers/academic/ using the appropriate Reference Number. Please refer to specific postings for required documents to be submitted. Acceptable electronic formats are PDF and MS Word. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the review of applications will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applicants must apply by November 25, 2018. For more information prior to applying, please contact the relevant Search Committee Chair found on job description.