Solving the world's greatest challenges
As one of the world’s leading technological research universities, Missouri S&T is nationally recognized for its research and scholarship. Missouri S&T’s interdisciplinary approach to research involves students working alongside world-class faculty in a variety of fields.
Our vibrant research enterprise crosses academic disciplines to address some of the world's great challenges in areas such as energy (traditional, alternative and hybrid systems), infrastructure, power supply, the environment, new materials, cyber security and water resources, among other issues.
Our research centers combine multiple academic disciplines to focus on research in one of our four Signature Research Areas.
- Center for Aerospace Manufacturing Technologies
- Center for Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Center for Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Center for Infrastructure Engineering Studies
- Energy Research and Development Center
- Environmental Research Center
- Intelligent Systems Center
- Materials Research Center
- Peaslee Steel Manufacturing Research Center
- Rock Mechanics and Explosives Research Center
- Small Modular Reactor Research and Education Consortium
Interested in reading more about S&T's research? Check out our most current issue of the re:search magazine.
In this issue, take a closer look at the future of non-invasive breast cancer detection, a glass solution to nuclear storage woes, future fuels for missions to Mars, and increased astronaut safety in the final frontier.